Diploma in International Hospitality Management
QF Level: 3
(QR Registration No.: 18/000432/L3) (CEF Registration No.:26L094974)
QR Registration Validity Period: 23/05/2018 To 03/08/2020
Diploma in International Hospitality Management is recognized under the QF
A student who has successfully completed the programme will:
Have ample work opportunities in rooms division, food and beverage division in hotel, and broader hospitality and tourism industries.
Be prepared to work and to adopt operation positions as necessary.
Be prepared for further academic study and will be able to make contributions to the academic discipline of hospitality, tourism, hotel and food & beverage service.
Have appropriate foundational skills and knowledge to become lifelong learners within their field.
The course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses for Continuing Education Fund purposes.
For the admission to the Diploma programme, applicants must satisfy one of the following admission requirements:
• Completion of Secondary 6 under the new senior secondary curriculum (3-3-4 education system); or
• Successful completion of Secondary 5 (4 passes in HKCEE subjects*) under the old secondary curriculum (5-2-3 education system); or
• Holder of Project Yijin Certificate; or
• Mature student (aged 21 or above); or
• Equivalent qualifications; AND
• Pass in admission interview.
* Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) Level 2 / Grade E or above in English
The normal duration of the programme is 10 months.
HTP 1100: An Overview of Hospitality Industry
HTP 1201: Front Office Operations Management
HTP 1103: Techniques of Food & Beverage Operations
HTP 1109: Japanese for Hospitality Industry
HTP1107: English for Hospitality Industry
HTP 1202: Housekeeping Operations Management
HTP 1204: Introduction to Tour Guiding and Escorting Skills
HTP 1208: Putonghua for Hospitality Industry
HTP 1105: Careers in Flight Attendant and Ground Services
HTP 1206: Techniques of Cruise Operation
HTP 1302: Internship
Total Notional Learning Hours: 1670
Total QF Credits: 167